CATAS – Church and Church-based Trust Accounts
CATAS provides a range of cost-effective accounting and payroll services to Churches and Church-related Trusts throughout New Zealand, using Xero (online accounting software) and Flexitime (online payroll software).
Services include accounting services, payroll services, and financial training for accounts staff and volunteers of churches and church-based trusts.
Why use an accounting service for your church or charitable trust?
The laws and guidelines surrounding aspects of church and trust finances, employment, payrolls and taxes can be quite complex. The team at CATAS have the experience and expertise that enables them to provide an up to date and accurate accountancy service you can rely on.
Accounting, payroll services, and financial training
From basic accounting, including a full payroll service, to the preparation of regular financial reports and annual financial statements, CATAS is precise, thorough and up to date with the latest legislation.
Accounting and payroll services offered
- Accounting options
- Regular financial reports, GST returns, preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of annual financial statements using the records prepared by your organisation
Annual financial statements will comply with the reporting standards for registered charities
Click here to find out more about CATAS’ church and church-trust accounting services.
- Payroll services; full payroll support for your church or church-based trust
- CATAS is a PAYE Intermediary. That means CATAS can take on most of the employer obligations of your church or trust with regard to payroll clients.
Click here to find out more about CATAS’ church and church-trust payroll service.
- CATAS staff are experienced in most of the accounting and payroll issues faced by churches, trusts and not-for-profit organisations and charities. We are able to provide financial training and advice for your accounts staff.
Click here to find out more about how the CATAS’ team can provide training for the finance team at your church or church-trust.
Easy access, secure cloud-based financial systems
CATAS uses cloud-based Xero accounting and Flexitime payroll systems. That means:
- Location is not an issue. We work with clients from Kaitaia to Invercargill.
- You can access your up to date financial records at any time simply by logging into your online account.
CATAS’ payment plans
CATAS’ payment plans means letting them handle your church or trust finances can be less expensive than handling your finances yourself.
Accounting services are charged either by:
- A fixed monthly charge, or
- A ‘time & materials’ option
Payroll services are charged per employee payment.
Click here to contact CATAS and discover how we can make keeping your church accounts and church-based trust accounts easy.